testing a new face for the old blog. tried other platforms, but no other seemed good enough.

October 20, 2004

["wake up, dead man! there's a life for you out there!"]

["wake up, dead man! there's a life for you out there..!"]



"... And definitely, you're wasting yours. Thought you've figured out that by now."


"And I did." A warm smile lighted his somehow sad face. "In a manner of speaking, of course."


"Kinda like that smile. It has been a while since the last time I saw a smile in your face. Fits you good."


"So I suppose. But you know... such things aren't easy..."


"I know that. When we fall, we try to be just fine, to raise our head and follow our path... and sometimes we are mistaking ourselves, believing that we forgot our past when it's still present in our mind and in our heart."


"Exactly. That's how illusions are made. We raise based in illusions... but those illusions never last long... and then we take the fall again."


"Why do I have the feeling that was what happened to you..?"


"Is that so easy to guess?"


"I know you well..."


"Hell, you do... whatever. No more illusions. Now I am on the edge of the looking glass, and I wanna walk through it. There's a brand new world for me on the other side... Once, I found it. I wanna do it again."


"That's the spirit. No more falls?"


"No more... I had enough. There's no point being here looking at a time that is gone for good, and that will never return... the Future is mine, and I hell if I will waste it."


"So, you're starting like Alice... tumbling down the rabbit hole... towards the unknown. That's the essence of life. Fear not. That's the way we go ahead. Remember Kierkegaard: "Life can only be understood if we look back; but it can only be lived looking ahead.""


"And I'm looking ahead, for I don't wanna stay behind... I won't stay behind... I wanna go through the looking glass. You know, if I was given a wish, I'd like to have the chance to chose a girl to love and to love me... I know just the girl..."


"But you will never be given such a wish..."


"I am aware of that. But I don't need that. Sooner or later it will happen. Sooner or later I will forgot all this... someone will make me forgot all this. I am just waiting. No hurries, no pressions. There's time. There's plenty of time..."


"That's the only thing you need, my angel. Time. The everlasting time. Everything else will come to you as it passes by..."


(...)

No comments: