testing a new face for the old blog. tried other platforms, but no other seemed good enough.

October 11, 2004

[snowblind]

[Snowblind]

"My eyes are blind but I can see
The snowflakes glisten on the tree
the sun no longer sets me free
I feel there's no plece freezing me..."



Night. I woke up with the sudden blow of a water drop in my face. Tears of darkness, perhaps..?

I open my eyes. Where am I? Nowhere to be found, for sure. All I can see is a wide, frozen wasteland. No life. Only ghosts, silent shadows vanishing in the mists of night.

Shadows of the past. And where is that past now? Gone... lost into the darkness in a heartbeat.

I remembered it. I remember that night... that crystal sky with exploding stars... I remember the moonlight reflected in the great ocean... I remember the sound of the waves crashing on the ancient rocks... I remember the Morning Star, the everlasting gift of love where two souls used to be together...

No longer.

I closed my eyes for just a second and when I opened them again, I saw everything falling apart. Everything. My world has fallen apart right in front of me and there was nothing I could do. War suddenly raged on and I lost.

As I always lose.

Now, all that I've left are the ruins of my old world. Once again, I took the fall. Once again, I fell from heaven and survived the impact. And, once again, I wonder why the hell have I survived.

No matter. It's all gone now. It's all lost...

"Crystal worlds with winter flowers
Turns my day to frozen hours
Lying snowblind in the sun
Will my ice age ever come?"

(it already has...)

No comments: