testing a new face for the old blog. tried other platforms, but no other seemed good enough.

February 11, 2005

[oblivious to everything but to you]

[oblivious to everything but to you]


I don't know where did you come from. I don't know how did you find me here, in the very middle of nowhere, in this god-forsaken battlefield. Where I had been left to die alone, long ago. Where I lost my soul and turned to a shadow, doomed to dwell in the past, surrounded by darkness and sorrow. Where lay the bodies of my fallen army, scorched by the same radiant light I worshiped for so long.

This world fell long ago. I borne witness to the oblivion of it all. I saw wildfires burning greener prairies, eartquakes sundering snow-covered mountains, tidal waves shaking the boiling oceans, firestorms scorching the sky above my empty eyes. I died. Alone. This world became nothing but a wide and desolated wasteland.

Still you found me. I couldn't believe when I saw light making its way through the black storm clouds. When I saw you wandering alone in the once green shores where my army met the grim reaper. When you descended from heaven and entered this lost hell for me, just for me.

My hope was lost long ago. I still don't know if you and everything that happen were indeed real, or just another mirage, another dellusion. I still don't know if this I feel is true and pure as it seems. You were gone as you should be; I feel you with me, though I don't know if I will ever see you again. But I'd give anything - anything - to be given the opportunity to dream again... to feel your warm lips on my own... once more...

("braveheart"; picture by Leonid Kozienko)

No comments: