testing a new face for the old blog. tried other platforms, but no other seemed good enough.

January 25, 2005

[expectations]

[expectations...]

The Oracle faced Ghost witout raising from her chair. "I don't remember your face, but I remember your heart. Once you asked me if she [Trinity] would ever love you. I said only as a friend, as a brother..." Ghost smiled. "... Yes, I remember that smile. But I don't remember what you said."

"I thanked you", he answered simply.

"Why?", she asked.

"Because I felt freed."

"Of what?", she asked back.

"Expectation."

The Oracle smiled. She kept staring at Ghost, his eyes still shining in the simple memory of his dreamed beloved, though she would never be with him. "That is a hard path to walk", she said, smilling.

"Nietchze said it best", replied Ghost, with a sad smile in his face. "One must want nothing to be different: not forward, not backwards, not in all eternity. Not only bear what is necessary, but to love it..." (...)

(from Enter The Matrix, Warner Brothers, Shinny Entertainment)

That's what I meant. That's what I most wanted. To be set free. Of empty expectations and delusions. Of shadows...

No comments: