testing a new face for the old blog. tried other platforms, but no other seemed good enough.

January 02, 2005

[end of year]

Wish I had this done before, in the exact moment, but this year's réveillon was far better than last year's... late in 31st January 2003, I wrote this small text about what I was feeling then... it continued the following day, the following year. Was to be published in the Darkside... but since the Darkside is no longer, here it is, one year after: Fallen Angel's last thought of 2003

[Rebirth?]

"Don't know why, but it seems my "réveillon" is going to be, in a way, a kind of last year's déjà vu... with only one exeption: last year had plans. This year, I don't.

I'm gonna work in the same place, with the same people, doing the same things. This is no complain, mind ya. I kinda like what I do. But sometimes I can't avoid wonder if it wouldn't be fun to do somethin' different... with my friends, for instance...

Again I am falling, this year deeper than I was last year. Behind in the past, the trouble had a name. Now, only the source of my sorrow's name changed.

'Seems there's some kinda odd pattern in here - the new year comes, and my heart is broken. I hit the ground again. Not for somethin' that have just ended, but for somethin' that didn't begin, and won't. What can I do 'till Khronos the God of Time has pity of my soul and release my broken heart from this love? Time heals anything, they say. Honestly, I don't know. I just hope that to be true.

Plans for the next year? None. 'Got no plans or expectations. I'll do the best I can with whatever is coming. Maybe tomorrow I have changed my mind and say something different... after all, it'd passed a year, right..?"

(to be continued)

(31.12.2003)

Este ano foi diferente, para melhor. Mas há algo da velha sensação ainda aqui... algo da antiga sombra que persiste ainda... não estive sozinho, fisicamente, pelo menos. Mas sempre a sombra de mágoa me acompanhou, para onde quer que fosse...


No comments: