testing a new face for the old blog. tried other platforms, but no other seemed good enough.

November 07, 2004

[shifting realities, a step between worlds - Past, Present and Future together in the same heartbeat - a song out of darkness?]

[shifting realities, a step between worlds - Past, Present and Future together in the same heartbeat - a song out of darkness?]

And then light went away. The verdant forest suddenly vanished in darkness. Silently, almost violently. Then I felt the pulse. Its pulse. Unaware, I felt my soul being taken out of my battered body and falling to the ground. It isn't gone, as I thought it'd be. As I wanted it to be. It is still here. I can feel its presence, still lurkin' around, still crawling in the dark, still haunting. Wanting me, still, I suppose. But it is too late for it.

Then I realised that I am no longer in the forest. Where I am now I can't say for sure. It was strange. For a moment I felt as if I was travelling between world once again, but I don't remember recalling. For a moment I stepped in a distant past and it became present once again, just as it used to be, just as I can remember it - sweet, joyful, friendly. Then it vanished and I woke up here.

But what's here?

I open my eyes but they're useless in the darkness that surrounds me. The ground beneath my feet is no longer soft but dark, as if made of stone. It seems I am in some kind of underground cave. How I came here I don't know. But a cold chill that comes from behind me tells me that I can't stay here for too long.

I start to walk through the rocky tunnel. Now I can hear a sound. Water falling, somewhere ahead. Is that light I can see in the end of the cave?

I reach the treshhold of the tunnel. A wide underground cave is now in front of me. A great waterfall bursts from somewhere above, shining in light it falls to the floor below. Where you are. Quiet, staring at the light above with your sweet eyes. Dreaming, perhaps. Waiting for something, for someone?

From your warm lips cames a sound. A song. Unaware of my presence behind you, you sing. You sing a song we both know, we both remember, for we heard it together a couple of times. Now you're there, alone, lost, singing the song of the day we met, the song that seems to frighten my ghosts and push away my fears.

"I tried so hard,
And got so far...
But in the end,
It doesn't even matter...

I had to fall,
To lose it all...
But in the end,
It doesn't even matter..."

(remember..?)

No comments: