testing a new face for the old blog. tried other platforms, but no other seemed good enough.

September 11, 2004

Fate

Devil May Cry



(...)

"It was like a dream, you know? A bad dream...ever present, ever feared."

"Why?"

"I don't know... perhaps because of my past experience... have I ever told you my theory about History?"

"Not that I remember. What is it?"

"History was my favourite school subject... it was a pleasure to me to study it, it really was. And studying it for eight years made me realize that History itself is nothing but a spiral... an everlasting spiral."

"A spiral? What do you mean, a spiral? Is that about events, that somehow are repeated along the timeline?"

"Not repeated. It's not exactly that... the time flows, the people change... but it all happens again. With other characters and in other times. History is made of patterns that are, as you said, indeed repeated along the timeline, but always perfectly adapted to their time."

"And it happened to you..."

"And it happened to me... that was what I feared. I feared that my past could be present once more, in a different time and with different characters... and my fears became real..."

(silence)

"It was... awful... I noticed that something was different... that something was going wrong... but I didn't know what was happening, and I was just too far to find it out..."

"We always notice that, though most of times we try to convince ourselves that we're paranoic or something, that everything is in fact all right..."

"That's what I did. Until... it all fell apart. (sigh) Suddenly I woke up to the reality and I saw my whole world falling apart for reasons I didn't know. Suddenly I was living the nightmare that haunted my mind since the very beginning, and I couldn't do nothing but see all my dreams falling down and break to shards on the floor with a loud and painful sound... and why? Why? I couldn't understand... it was just so... strange..."

"According to what I know about you and your past... and seeing you losing everything you love now for the same futile reasons, I'd say it isn't strange... but ironic."

(sad smile)

"Strange or ironic... it'll end the same way..."

No comments: